A trademark is needed by a company owner as it differentiates his/her business products from those of the others. It may be in the form of a name, sign or symbol and is another way of referring a particular brand or company. It is very important for a business and must be properly registered with the officials.
- You are required to submit an application to the Trademarks Registration Office in UAE. They will go through the other registered trademarks to check if the trademark you wan for your company is unique and not used by any other company. After this clarification you will be asked to proceed further.
- After this, you need to file an application that includes all the required documents like copy of passport, trademark registration certificates if registered with other countries also, a soft copy of the required trademark in black and white ink along with other necessary documents and the required fees.
- The registration office will thereafter publish the trademark you desire in 2 local newspapers.
- Any other company can file a notice of opposition against your trademark within 30 days of the date when your trademark was published.
- The decision of the registrar regarding the opposition can be appealed at the ministry committee, which can be further appealed in the competent court.
- When no opposition is filed within 30 days, the trademark is then registered for your business, and an approval certificate is then issued to you.
Adam Global is a reputed advisory firm that can help you with every step of trademark registration in UAE.